Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

As my little world turns

   Everything I have done in the last year has either been to write a book or to promote a book. Now that I have put all my eggs into one proverbial basket I'm looking at my ship sinking. I was notified a few days ago by KDP that my book Hailey's Coyote was never removed form Sony Ebooks store as I requested. This means that I am in violation of my contract with KDP.

   The sad part is that If I can't get this problem fixed, I lose everything I have worked for. They can and will with hold my KDP Select borrows earnings, they can and will ask me for compensation towards money already paid out, and they can and most likely will not let me publish with KDP any more.

   In coming to terms with the fact that Smashwords won't even answer my emails, I have taken a much more unorthodox method to removing Hailey's from Sony. I have uploaded a whole new file in the form of a short poem. I have uploaded a brand new cover, and am giving it away for free. I can't change the ISBN but hopefully it will work. I'm not sure what else to do. What makes it really bad was I took the book down three weeks before I ever signed on to KDP Select. I am really tired of companies thinking they can screw with us because we are self published. If a publishing house pulled books they would be gone before the end of the week.

  All this worry, not getting paid because of stupid little glitches, yep that's right. Still waiting to see December royalties. Smashwords and Sony and KDP doom. I haven't put even a few sentences into Heart of  a Shifter. I can't think. I'm really starting to rethink my plan of self publishing. Maybe I would be better off waiting for a bureaucrat to tell me I'm good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment