Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Returning books that are under 200KB

Maybe it's just me, but I honestly think you should not be able to return a novella on Amazon. I think it's really unethical to buy a book that you can read in like an hour and then turn around and return it. Take Hailey's for example. It is less than 150 "pages" long. It has bad reviews up as well as good. The blurb and tags explain what the book is about. If you choose to buy it any way, then that is on you. Seven days to return a book? Book stores would look at you like you were crazy if you read a book then a couple of days later turned around and returned it. They would know you read it, creases on the cover would tell all. But yet because it is digital that gives people the right to return it just because they didn't like it?
  How many books has some one bought that they didn't like? I've bought many. Even from Amazon that I regretted spending my money on. But I bought it. My foul. Why would I turn around and ask for my money back? The world has come down to people who wouldn't know honesty if it slapped them in the face.
   I might be wrong,and there are plenty of people who accidentally down load a book they didn't want. Not likely if you ask me. Just saying. That coupled with the fact that if it's free a book can get hundreds of downloads in a day. But once it's back up for money (a whopping 99 cents) it falls off the radar.
   So this post definitely falls under one of my rants. It's something that has bugged me for a while though. Does any one out there disagree? Talk to me people ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment